Duct Cleaning, Vent Cleaning, Furnace Cleaning
Duct cleaning is vital to the air you breathe in your home.
Duct cleaning is especially important if anyone has allergies, COPD or other lung issues.
If duct cleaning isn’t done on a regular basis, then the air that is circulated throughout your home. When the furnace fan is running it is distributing the dirty air throughout the whole house. Whether the furnace is producing heat or cool (air-conditioning). Duct cleaning prevents the dirt and dust from becoming airborne.
Why Clean Your Furnace & Ducts?
Why your ducts need cleaning
One of the most highly allergenic contaminants found indoors is the house duct, often heavily contaminated with the fecal pellets and skins of house Dust Mites. Estimates are that dust mites may be a factor in 50 to 80% of asthmatics, as well as in countless cases of eczema, hay fever, and other allergic ailments.
Air ducts are easy to forget about, no one looks inside their duct system very often. But what you don’t see can hurt you. Studies have shown that in a typical air-conditioned building, occupants inhale 1-2 tablespoons of contaminants every day. This situation poses unnecessary health and sanitation issues.
Most people would never consider drinking out of a cup that had not been washed yet they continue to breathe air circulated from air ducts that have never been cleaned. Air duct cleaning is necessary on a regular basis to remove dust, bacteria and other harmful contaminates out of the indoor air we breathe. Be sure not to overlook cleaning your air ducts just because they are “Out of sight, out of mind.”
More reasons for duct cleaning
- Most people spend 60% to 90% of their time indoors. (American Lung Association)
- The air inside your home may be up to 10 times more polluted than the air outside. (Environmental Protection Agency EPA)
- People who are inside a great deal may be at a greater risk of developing health problems. Those include infants, young children, the elderly and those with chronic illnesses. (American Lung Association and Consumer Product Safety Commission)
- 30% to 50% of all structures surveyed in Northern U.S. and Canada have damp conditions which may encourage the growth and buildup of biological pollutants. (American Lung Association and Consumer Product Safety Commission)
About Dryer Vent Cleaning
The National Fire Protection Association says that dryers are among the most common type of household equipment fires, ranking third behind stoves and fixed area heaters. It also states that from 1990-1998, they were involved in a per-year average of 14,800 home fires with $75.8 million in direct property damage. Lack of maintenance was the number one cause of dryer fires.
October 2002 – “The Chieftain” Fire Chief’s Association of BC.
The lint which is a hidden fire hazard is the material most likely to ignite. When the lint builds up in the dryer vents, the dryer motor has to labour harder and can overheat, igniting the lint.
Fire Departments have seen quite a few dryer fires over the years because of build up of lint inside the dryer due to lack of maintenance and proper cleaning.
The dryer duct is in need of a regular cleaning (residential every 18-24 months, commercial of central laundry ever 6 – 12 months). When not maintained for a long period of time it can cause lint to build up and also water builds up in the ducting which eventually destroys the piping and water will start leaking into the ceiling.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, it may be time to have your furnace and duct system professionally cleaned.
- Does anyone in the house have allergies, asthma or any other Respiratory problems?
- Does anyone in your family suffer from headaches, nasal congestion or other sinus problems at night or in the morning?
- Is there a smoker in the house?
- Do you have dogs, cats or other pets?
- Do you notice “musty” or “stale” odors when the heating or air conditioning systems runs?
- Do you notice dust on your furniture shortly after cleaning?
- Does it seem like there is not enough or less airflow coming from your vents?
- Is your furnace equipped only with a standard throw-away fiberglass filter?
- Has your home air system been cleaned in the past 5 to 7 years?
A summary of benefits
Dryer vent cleaning will protect your home or condo and it’s contents from fires, smoke and pollutants, significantly reducing energy operations costs. Dryers run more efficiently and will last longer. Clothes will dry faster.
- Dryer Vent Cleaning improves the air flow, reduces dust, heat, mould and bacteria
- Dryer Vent Cleaning will Drastically lower your power bill.
- Dryer Vent Cleaning will Reduce your risk of a dryer fire.
- Dryer Vent Cleaning will help Your dryer to last longer with less repairs.
- Dryer Vent Cleaning will help Your clothes to dry faster with less lint left on them.